The highest levels of self-realization are attained by worship and service. [Paper 140:4.6, page 1572.6]
The more closely man approaches God through love, the greater the reality—actuality—of that man. [Paper 117:4.14, page 1285.3]
KEY QUESTIONS FOR THE CONFERENCE:
- Why are worship and service linked together so often in the UB?
- What is ‘self-realization’? – The realization or fulfillment of one’s own potential or abilities.
- What is Self-actualization ? (Abraham Maslow – humanistic psychologist): the need to develop sne’s potential fully, to lead a rich and meaningful life, and to become the best person one can become.
- Albert Schweitzer once wrote: “I don’t know what your destiny will be; but one thing I know, the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve.”
That’s what this weekend is all about!
- What are the highest levels of self-realization? As a mortal….in our future ascending career?
God-knowing creatures have only one supreme ambition, just one consuming desire, and that is to become, as they are in their spheres, like him as he is in his Paradise perfection of personality and in his universal sphere of righteous supremacy. From the Universal Father who inhabits eternity there has gone forth the supreme mandate, “Be you perfect, even as I am perfect.” [Paper 1:0.3, page 21.3]